The event is expected to attract about 100 representatives from the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Planning and Investment, international organisations, and domestic and international businesses.
The priorities for discussions at the conference will be the state of Vietnam’s health system, the public-private partnership (PPP) model and lessons from other countries, sustainable trends in the healthcare sector in the nation and around the world, and possible legal improvements to promote PPP performance.
Vietnam has been making great efforts to improve the population’s health, but alongside the achievements are many challenges on the path ahead.
Despite the relative success in effectively containing the pandemic, Vietnam’s health system has been severely affected by rising infectious and non-communicable diseases, hospital overloads, and an ageing population. There are also a number of issues that require innovation and cooperation from stakeholders to ensure sustainable development in the future.
The event is expected to initiate a dialogue between government agencies and the business community and serve as a platform for stakeholders to make themselves heard.
|VIR to host conference on public-private partnerships in healthcare on May 18 |
Panel discussion 1:
Mod : Mr. Le Net - Partner, LNT & Partners
- Vu Quynh Le, Deputy Director of the Public Procurement Agency, Ministry of Planning and Investment
- Torben Minko - vice chairman, EuroCham
- Le Minh Sang, senior healthcare expert at the World Bank
- Nguyen Huy Quang, former Director of the Legal Department of the Ministry of Health
- Nguyen Van De, chairman of the Vietnam Private Hospital Association
Panel discussion 2:
Mod : Mr. Luke Treloar - Partner, Head of Strategy, National Head of Healthcare and Life Sciences - KPMG Tax and Advisory Limited
- Luong Ngoc Khue - Director of the Administration of Medical Examination and Treatment, Ministry of Health
- Rana Flowers, representative of UNICEF Viet Nam
- Dr. Phuong Le Tri, chief medical officer, AstraZeneca Vietnam
- Dr. Tran Thi Lan Huong MD.MBA, country medical director of the pharmaceuticals division, Bayer Vietnam
- Nguyen Thanh Son, founding investor of Doctors Anywhere
The half-day event will be broadcast live with multimedia coverage on VIR, its sister newspapers, and leading TV channels and media agencies.
The event will take place 8.30am-12pm on Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at VIR’s headquarters at 47 Quan Thanh street, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi.