Visa sponsors Base SaaS Day 2023

November 28, 2023 | 14:27
(0) user say
Visa, a world leader in digital payments, has become a strategic partner and sponsor of Base SaaS Day 2023, organised and hosted by Base, a leading Vietnamese business management platform.
Visa sponsors Base SaaS Day 2023
Visa partners with Base to sponsor top Vietnamese technology and business gathering

The event is one of Vietnam’s largest annual technology and business events and attracts more than 1,000 top executives to discuss the latest technology and management trends.

Base SaaS Day began in 2018 and this year’s events took place in Hanoi on November 16, and in Ho Chi Minh on November 24.

The theme was “Unlock New Power – From doing things right to doing right things.” The event featured keynote addresses by Vu Anh Tu, chief technology officer at FPT Group, Nguyen Thuong Tuong Minh, CEO of Base, and other top Base executives.

“We are thrilled to be partnering with Base and contributing to this key technology and management event in Vietnam,” said Dung Dang, Visa country manager for Vietnam and Laos. “Small- and- medium-sized businesses (SMBs) have a strong need for digital payment solutions and an affinity for relationship-based banking. It is important to remember that travel, entertainment and indirect business-to-business (B2B) spending typically forms only 40 per cent of overall SMB expenses, leaving a huge untapped opportunity to capture the other 60 per cent of overall company expenditure on cards. With Visa Business cards and payment solutions, small businesses can now pay non-card accepting suppliers and improve cash flow.”

Visa sponsors Base SaaS Day 2023

As a strategic partner and sponsor, Visa presented its in-depth insights about Vietnam’s business environment at Base SaaS Day 2023, particularly those pertaining to SMBs. Many SMBs use personal credit cards for tracking their expenditure and perceived accounting efficiency, and cash is the second most used payment method after bank transfers for making and receiving payments.

“We welcome Visa, the global expert in payment solutions, to join us as our strategic partner at our special event,” said Minh. “The collaboration with Visa embraces opportunities to exchange ideas and experiences with the best minds in technology and business in Vietnam, facilitating SMEs develop breakthroughs. Base has provided solutions to multiple critical business problems, including work management, info management, human resources management and finance management.”

Visa will also tap its deep data-driven understanding of SMBs in Vietnam to address some of the top challenges faced by SMBs, including increased competition, managing cashflow, complex compliance and regulations, inefficient operations and difficulties monitoring performance and planning for the future. To thrive, SMBs seek quick access to working capital, easy and seamless ways to make and receive payment, support to manage their finances, and rewards for loyalty and spending.

Visa Business card programmes empower SMBs to separate business and personal expenses, provide access to short-term working capital to manage cashflow, track business spending with full visibility at all times, make cost reconciliation easier and quicker, and issue virtual cards to employees with payment control for better cost control, while enjoying rewards, cashback and other benefits from Visa commercial offers to enjoy savings.

Visa launches account updater to streamline payment experiences Visa launches account updater to streamline payment experiences

Visa has announced the expansion of Real Time Visa Account Updater (VAU) to selected markets in Asia Pacific, streamlining the payment experience for merchants and customers by providing cardholders with a single credential for life.

Visa accelerates support for smaller businesses Visa accelerates support for smaller businesses

On November 20, Visa and the Visa Foundation made announcements on their ongoing commitment to support small and micro-sized businesses across APEC and beyond.

Visa study shed lights on Vietnam travel trends Visa study shed lights on Vietnam travel trends

The Visa Global Travel Intentions Study (GTI) 2023 offers invaluable insights into the evolving travel habits of tourists in Vietnam, presenting a roadmap for businesses to cater to their needs while showcasing the country's unique charms.

By Thanh Van

What the stars mean:

★ Poor ★ ★ Promising ★★★ Good ★★★★ Very good ★★★★★ Exceptional

TagTag:

Latest News ⁄ Money ⁄ Smart Payment Trends