Vinfast lauches vocational training centre

February 09, 2018 | 12:00
(0) user say
On February 7, Vinfast will launch a vocational training centre to train mechanical and mechatronics engineers for its automobile manufacturing complex located in Dinh Vu-Cat Hai Economic Zone in Haiphong city.
vinfast lauches vocational training centre
The Vinfast factory is currently under construction

This is the content of the vocational training co-operation between Vinfast and German Industry and Commerce in Vietnam signed on October 27, 2017.

The vocational training centre will officially come into operation in this August. The first course will teach mechatronics and industrial mechanics to 200 students. Vinfast will hold exams from May this year. Eligible students include high-school graduates from the 2017-2018 academic year. Students will be trained free and receive a monthly allowance.

Each course will last for two years, with 40 per cent of the time spent on theoretical studies, while the remaining 60 per cent will be turned to practical work. After graduating, students will be granted a certificate meeting the standards of the German Industry and Commerce in Vietnam.

With the target to become one of Southeast Asia’s vocational training centres, this centre will be equipped with modern facilities and skilled lecturers from Japan, South Korea, the Czech Republic, and Germany.

Previously, on January 18, Vinfast signed a contract with Pininfarina to buy two car designs for $5 million, while simultaneously releasing plans to buy the intellectual property rights from BMW to develop the designs. Vinfast expected to launch these car models at the Paris Motorshow 2018 organised in October and Vietnam Motorshow 2018 in December.

Besides, on October 12, 2017, Vingroup, the owner of Vinfast, and Bosch, a global supplier of technology and services, signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on co-operation in car and e-scooter manufacturing.

What the stars mean:

★ Poor ★ ★ Promising ★★★ Good ★★★★ Very good ★★★★★ Exceptional