|VIR to host online forum on digital transformation and 5G innovation |
The digital economy is booming around the world, connecting economies for stronger and more dynamic trade. Despite the staggering impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Vietnam's digital economy is anticipated to reach $21 billion in 2021, up 31 per cent from 2020, equaling Malaysia and trailing behind only Indonesia and Thailand.
According to the Resolution of the 13th Party Congress, Vietnam will make all efforts to make the digital economy account for 20 per cent of GDP by 2025, and around 30 per cent by 2030.
According to experts, Vietnam possesses good conditions to build a digital economy and is a magnet to the world's leading IT and smart technology firms such as Apple, Samsung, Ericsson, and ABB. VIR, under the direction of the Ministry of Planning and Investment, will organise the online forum to shed light on the digital transformation trend and the role of 5G in economic growth and innovation.
The forum will also discuss policies to boost the commercialisation of 5G as well as international best practices to sucessfully deploy digital transformation and use 5G to drive innovations in Vietnam.
The forum features high-profile representatives from state management agencies, foreign business associations, and a number of leading Vietnamese and international tech enterprises.
1. Leader of the Ministry of Planning and Investment
2. Leader of the Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC)
3. Vu Quoc Huy, director, Vietnam National Innovation Centre
4. Nguyen Phong Nha, deputy director, Telecommunication Department, MIC
5. Nguyen Hoa Cuong, deputy director, Central Institute for Economic Management
6. Leon Cai, regional director, Enterprise Singapore
7. Denis Brunetti, president, Ericsson Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, and Laos
8. Christophe Poisson, representative, EuroCham's Digital Sector Committee
9. Vu Kiem Van, deputy general secretary, Vietnam Digital Communications Association (VDCA)
10. Truong Quoc Cuong, technical director, Service Providers Division, Cisco Vietnam and Thailand
11. Hoang Viet Tien, head, Strategic Advisor, Insider
The content of the online forum will be published on publications of VIR as well as other press agencies attending and reporting on the event.
- The forum will take place from 8:30a.m. to 11:30a.m. Tuesday, December 14, 2021
- Location: VIR headquarters, 47 Quan Thanh, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Livestream on fanpage: facebook.com/tinnhanhchungkhoan and stream online on baodautu.vn, tinnhanhchungkhoan, vir.com.vn.