Quang Binh People's Committee has awarded investment agreements to 32 projects with value reaching $5 billion at a conference in Hanoi on June 25.
Three of the deals involve infrastructure projects worth $506 million;17 are in real estate, reporting $1.41 billion in total capital; and five in sports and tourism are worth $144.34 million.
In addition, provincial leaders also granted cooperation agreements for six projects in industry, mining, and energy worth $2.79 billion, and one in agriculture worth $17.4 million.
Regarding the criteria to select investors, Quang Binh prioritises attracting foreign investors with globally known brands, large financial capacities, and stable and long-term investment policies, and will refuse labour-intensive, non-technological projects that may disrupt the region's labour supply.
For domestic ventures, Quang Binh will give priority to investments from large corporations, especially those in the Top 500 largest enterprises in Vietnam from the manufacturing, processing, tourism, and logistics industries.
Selection of upcoming projects:
- $2.17 billion in Quang Trach II thermal power plant by Electricity of Vietnam in Hon La Economic Zone (EZ).
- The T2 passenger terminal at Dong Hoi Airport to raise capacity to three million passengers each year. The project will require $53 million funded by ACV.
- 860-hectare Bo Trach Industrial Zone by Thanh Binh Phu My worth $295.65 million.
- The $154.78 million titanium slag deep processing plant in Hon La EZ, from a consortium of a Japanese group and Hoang Long Mining JSC.
- The 450-hectare urban area in Dong Hoi city by Truong Thinh Group worth $117.39 million.
- An urban-service area for Cam Lien Industrial Zone from Capella Land, worth $70 million.
|Quang Binh announces planning and investment promotion conference in Hanoi
On June 25 in Hanoi, Quang Binh People's Committee will be hosting a conference to bring exposure to the provincial planning scheme for 2021-2030, with a vision to 2050, as well as its investment promotion plans.
|Quang Binh to license $1.42 billion to investors
Quang Binh will award investment cooperation agreements to 18 projects with a total investment value reaching $1.42 billion at an upcoming conference to announce the central province’s investment master plan, to take place in Hanoi on June 25.
|Bringing Quang Binh closer to investors
The central province of Quang Binh is preparing for all possibilities when it comes to breakthrough growth. Vu Dai Thang, member of the Party Central Committee and Secretary of Quang Binh Party Committee, shared with VIR’s Thanh Pham efforts to bring the province closer to investors.
|Quang Binh: Acquiring investment opportunities via smart planning
Upgrading urban centres and economic corridors are among Quang Binh’s top priorities to bring a multitude of opportunities to both domestic and international investors.