|The webinar by VIR will feature some of the leading experts on the stock market today |
It has been 21 years since the first trading day of the Vietnamese stock market on July 28, 2000. Since then, another important channel for mobilising capital has gradually developed in Vietnam to create the three pillars of the financial market – stocks, bonds, and currency.
To celebrate the anniversary of the first trading day, every July, Dau tu chung khoan (VIR's sister publication and Vietnam's first securities newspaper) publishes a special publication and organises activities to celebrate this special day.
This July, after a long rally, the stock market is suffering the impacts of the fourth outbreak of COVID-19 in Vietnam. Since the beginning of the month, the market has witnessed a drop in trading volume. However, all domestic and international analyses expect the fluctuations in July to be only short-term as the market boasts tremendous opportunities for development in the long term. The stock market is expected to remain an important channel for mobilising capital in the economy.
Therefore, VIR will organise a webinar about the opportunities and prospects of the stock market in the second half, live streamed through the newspaper's official Facebook fanpage (https://www.facebook.com/tinnhanhchungkhoan).
This webinar will not only celebrate the first trading day, it will also offer a platform for regulatory leaders, securities market representatives, as well as businesses to share their opinions with investors about opportunities in the stock market in the second half of 2021 and the coming years.
Speakers at the webinar include:
1. Pham Hong Son, vice chairman, State Securities Commission
2. Nguyen Son, chairman, Vietnam Securities Depository Center
3. Nguyen Thi Viet Ha, member of the Board of Directors, Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange (HSX)
4. Dang Thanh Tam, chairman, Kinh Bac Urban Development Corporation (KBC)
5. Le Anh Tuan, deputy chief Investment Officer, Dragon Capital
6. La Giang Trung, CEO, Passion Investment
7. Nguyen Thai Phien, deputy CEO, Nova Group
8. Nguyen Thi Phuong Lam, director of Analysis and Investment Consulting, Rong Viet Securities Company
9. Le Quang Minh, head of Reseach, Mirae Asset Securities Vietnam
Readers can now send questions to the speakers participating in the webinar via firstname.lastname@example.org