Vietnam is eager to foster the promotion of domestic businesses and their products and as such, honours chosen applicants every two years, thereby encouraging the establishment of high-quality standards in product design and execution.
|The Vietnam Value Programme award has elicited the participation of the best and brightest from across all industries in Vietnam |
To promote local products in domestic and overseas markets, the government is continuing to pursue its goal of increasing the value of Vietnamese brands.
While participating in this programme, businesses must comprehensively evaluate their activities, production and business results, and branding strategy with the help of the given criteria.
The government aims to encourage the business community to share and pursue the core values of the programme, which focus on quality, innovation, and creativity.
Over the nearly 17 years of development, the biennial Vietnam Value Programme has achieved many positive results, attracting attention and creating prestige for businesses, regulators, and individuals at home and abroad.
The programme honoured countless brands and enterprises which all represent Vietnam’s national brands and contribute to establishing the image of a country with high-quality goods and services that is highly competitive in the international market.
Characteristics of the Vietnam Value Programme
- The Vietnam Value Programme is the unique and long-term trade promotion programme of the Vietnamese government, which is carried out by the Ministry of Industry and Trade and coordinated with other ministries and agencies. The programme has been implemented since 2003 and aims to build and develop national brands through supporting domestic businesses in the economy, thereby promoting the image of Vietnam as a country with quality goods and services and enhancing the competitiveness for Vietnamese businesses in the domestic and international markets.
- The National Brand Logo, titled Vietnam Value, is awarded to brands that meet the programme’s criteria. The selection of companies with products and brands that is conducted every two years. Businesses with selected product and brands must have a leading position in the industry and share and pursue the values that the country is aiming for in the current integration phase, that is quality, innovation, and creative capacity.
- The programme is not an award. Rather, selected national enterprises become partners of the programme. The government does not act on behalf of businesses but will sponsor those brands and products with high quality and reputation, to help Vietnamese enterprises create a stable foothold in the domestic and international markets and carry their brands to the world.
- The contents of the Vietnam Value Programme in the 2020-2030 period are associated with diplomatic activities, investment, cultural promotion, and tourism. Through the programme, the government aims to further bolster the presence of the Vietnamese national image to become a positive and attractive one for traders, tourists, investors, employees, and consumers.
- The Vietnam Value Programme and its related regulations approved by the prime minister create consensus and consistency across the country, from the central to local levels, between ministries, agencies, and organisations in building and promoting Vietnam’s national brands and image.
Despite the difficult pandemic, the programme’s seventh selection period this year has still been attracting the participation of more than 1,000 enterprises nationwide.
All applications have been evaluated and assessed according to the criteria specified by Decision No.30/2019/QD-TTg released on October 8, 2019 on regulations for building, managing and implementing the Vietnamese National Brand Programme and Circular No.33/2019/TT-BCT issued in November last year on the criteria of this programme.
Amid the programme, the intellectual right protection and social responsibility of participating enterprises are being encouraged by authorised agencies such as the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Ministry of Finance’s general departments of Taxation and Customs, the Vietnam Environment Administration under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Vietnam Social Insurance, and the State Bank’s Credit Information Centre.
At the end of September, Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Tuan Anh issued Decision No.2534/QD-BCT recognising 124 enterprises with a total of 283 products that fulfilled or exceeded the standards of the Vietnam Value Programme this year.
Compared to 2018, 27 more enterprises were honoured with the recognition, which is seen as a testament to the attraction and influence of the programme on local businesses in the promotion of raising quality and standards for goods and services.
One of the highlights in this year’s selection is that a large number of popular brands registered for participation in the programme.
As such, this year’s applicants and chosen brands include VnPay, Xuan Hoa, MobiFone, BRG Group, Cholimex, Nam Ha Pharmaceutical, Richy, Vinawind, and more.
Along with them, a number of large private companies have registered to participate in the selection such as Hoa Phat Group JSC and GELEX.
It is expected that the official announcement ceremony for recognised products will be held on November 25 at Hanoi Opera House and broadcast live on Vietnamese national television.
Contact us: Secretariat Board, Vietnam Value Programme Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency (VIETRADE), Ministry of Industry and Trade
Address: No.20 Ly Thuong Kiet street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi
Tel: +84 24 3934 7628 (ext. 72, 76)