The agreement (EA) tightens the long-term and sustainable strategic partnership that has been lasting for almost 20 years between the two leading IT corporations.
Specifically, FPT will be the first and the largest enterprise in Vietnam to deploy Microsoft’s cloud computing for the entire operations of the corporation in order to optimise operational efficiency, improve competitiveness.
Besides, FPT will also promote the provision and deployment of Microsoft's advanced cloud services to the corporation's clients.
“As the two global and local IT corporations, Microsoft and FPT want to continuously strengthen this long-term, sustainable relationship via technology cooperation. The move to cloud by Microsoft technology will surely help FPT further develop, complete its mission to bring technology, knowledge to enable Vietnam to reach potential and partly address the socio-economic issues,” said Vu Minh Tri, CEO of Microsoft Vietnam.
In the first phase, FPT will adopt Microsoft Office 365 to move its entire system and data to the cloud, at the same time deploying One Drive for Business and Skype for Business to optimise operating performance.
In the next phase, FPT and Microsoft will strongly develop the cloud (including Office 365 and Microsoft Azure) to digitally transform for clients in Vietnam.
According to FPT CEO Bui Quang Ngoc, cloud services are strongly growing worldwide and gradually replacing traditional ones to help businesses solve the problem of cost, human resources and risk management.
FPT is doing digital transformation in all areas such as management, technology, sales, and customer service.
The deployment of Microsoft Office 365 cloud is one of FPT’s steps on digital transformation way to become the pioneer enterprise in the fourth industrial revolution.
“With the experiences and capabilities recognised by its customers and partners, FPT will provide optimum, beneficial and truly unique solutions and services for customers in the digital revolution,” Ngoc stressed.
Nowadays, most of the world’s large technology companies have adopted cloud computing.
However, in Vietnam, the majority of businesses are still reluctant to move their system and data to cloud, particularly large ones. Such a large tech corporation as FPT pioneers in application Microsoft Office 365 advanced cloud for a large number of users will contribute to push other businesses access and adopt cloud.
With the strength of Vietnam’s leading provider of IT services, FPT and Microsoft will jointly develop cloud market segment in Vietnam and other countries.
Earlier, in 2010, Microsoft and FPT signed the cooperation agreement to develop cloud computing services. FPT has been distributing, deploying Microsoft's software and cloud services for a lot of large enterprises.
One major project of FPT Japan’s transformation from Notes to Office 365 with Calsonic Kansei (the world’s leading car part manufacturer) was selected as a case study by Microsoft Japan and posted on the corporation’s blog.
FPT is currently the most senior partner of Microsoft. In their 20-year history, Microsoft and FPT have collaborated to bring Microsoft’s powerful solutions to customers in Vietnam and other countries, such as e-government (eGov), eTax, eCustoms, and eHospital, among others.
The two parties also cooperate in network architecture building, personnel training, hardware purchase, software distribution and development in order to provide the comprehensive cloud computing solutions that are proper for Vietnamese customers.
|Milestones in Microsoft and FPT co-operation
* On October 2, 2001, FPT got Microsoft copyright certificate;
* On October 20, 2005, FPT Information System - FPT IS (a member of FPT) became the first Gold Partner of Microsoft in Vietnam;
* On April 27, 2006, Microsoft and FPT announced MOU on strategic partnership, marking a milestone in the comprehensive cooperation towards developing the information technology applications in Asia Pacific, and also recording a remarkable growth of Vietnam’s IT industry in general and FPT in particular;
* On June 21, 2007, FPT was recognised as the top sales partner of Microsoft in Vietnam, and authorised to perform the contract using Microsoft Office software license for the entire computer systems of governmental and local bodies;
* In May 2010, FPT and Microsoft signed the cooperation agreement to develop cloud computing services;
* On November 14, 2013, FPT and Microsoft signed an enterprise agreement (EA).