Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao, CEO of fledging local budget carrier Vietjet and the first female billionaire of Vietnam and Southeast Asia, made a memorable stage appearance at the APEC Vietnam 2017, side-by-side with top politicians and business leaders from around the world.
|Vietjet CEO Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao talking at the APEC 2017 CEO Summit
Sharing the podium with leaders from the 21 APEC economies as well as global businesses attending the APEC Vietnam 2017 CEO Summit, Thao talked about her dreams.
In her speech entitled “Connecting for Growth,” she highlighted the people who have the capacity to turn “the impossible into possible, and turning dreams into reality.”
|Vietjet CEO Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao
Below are the leading messages of her speech delivered at the APEC Vietnam 2017.
1. “Global connection: I deem it not an ambition, but a dream. I was told that “Dream big and act like you were an angel.” We have made efforts to turn “the impossible into possible, turning dreams into reality.” Millions of people had boarded planes for the first time in their lives and I am happy that among these passengers there were not only Vietnamese, but also Chinese and Korean people who took their first flights on Vietjet planes.”
2. “One must take the lead and become the trend-setter with a global outlook, building a multinational, multi-cultural business entity to stay at the forefront of advancement.”
3. “In my perception, in doing business, besides pursuing profit targets, one more noble target is creating new and fresh values for the community. With lower travel and transportation costs and higher productivity, that is, making savings for society, Vietjet has been driving up travel demand, tourism, trade exchange, and economic development.”
4. “Through building a powerful fleet of more than 200 modern aircrafts, we strive to empower the Vietnamese economy as well as that of the Asia Pacific region.”
5. “We look forward to building an airline serving every passenger need, paired with the development of e-commerce and associated logistics and consumer goods distribution channels, for what we call a Consumer Airline.”
6. “One needs to lead the digitalisation and automation trend in the Industry 4.0—this is essential to realising the targets of Connecting for Growth.”
7. “In light of “Being proud of the name Vietjet” I would like to stress the factor of business culture which is decisive in the success of any plan, strategy or business ambition. We are proud of being member of our corporation.”
8. “We believe that through connecting civilisations, nations, different cultures, and business sectors to create an ecosystem targeting people’s needs and economic growth, we can shape a better future for our world, and we are making non-stop efforts to approach that future.”