Khanh Hoa launches programme to stimulate tourism after COVID-19
10:00 | 25/05/2020 Print Article
A total of 74 firms will take part in a tourism stimulus programme in the south-central province of Khanh Hoa, offering deals with discounts of up to 50 percent, Director of the provincial Department of Tourism Tran Viet Trung told a press conference on May 22.
|Foreign tourists at Po Nagar Towers in Khanh Hoa (Photo: VNA) |
The press conference was held by the province’s Departments of Tourism and Information and Communications and the Nha Trang - Khanh Hoa Tourism Association to launch the programme, which primarily sets its sights on domestic visitors.
The move aims to help Khanh Hoa revive the local tourism industry, which has been majorly disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic for nearly three months.
Trung said participating companies, including 50 accommodation providers, 13 tourist sites, 10 tour operators, and a transport firm, have vowed to offer visitors discounts ranging from 20 to 50 percent.
The province is calling on local tourism companies to develop new high-quality products and services to spark demand.
The tourism department plans to hold promotional events in several domestic markets, such as Hanoi, Hai Phong, Ho Chi Minh City and Can Tho, while a seminar will be organised to seek solutions to improving the quality of tourism in Khanh Hoa.
Khanh Hoa is home to over 770 accommodation providers with more than 42,000 rooms in total, including 86 hotels rated three to five stars with nearly 19,000 rooms.
Because of the impact of COVID-19, the province expects to welcome just 3.2 million visitors this year, including 1.5 million foreigners.
It received 7 million holidaymakers last year, including more than 3.5 million from overseas.